Customer Deliveries

There are for sure situations where people aren't sure they're in 4wd, even for you old farts. Even nick/ chupacabra was in the situation. Get over yourselves.
At 53 years old I'm getting to where I can't see the dash without my readers on anyway. So I fall back on my decades of seat time and feel of the vehicle feedback to get the job done. Now I actually agree there should be something for people to read on the dash so they have some clue what they're trying to accomplish. Some guys are just blessed with the good old fashioned assometer and don't need any type of gizmo telling them 4 hi or 4 low or what gear to be in. Not just an old fart thing, young guys have it too. I would say if someone has to look at the dash after a half dozen drives in the car to know if you're in 4wd or not...... then maybe it's time to stick to video games. Hope that isn't to harsh, just got back from a dune trip and seen a lot of let's just say heavy inexperienced drivers. I would guess most Speed buyers don't fall under that but I've been wrong many times before.

At 53 years old I'm getting to where I can't see the dash without my readers on anyway. So I fall back on my decades of seat time and feel of the vehicle feedback to get the job done. Now I actually agree there should be something for people to read on the dash so they have some clue what they're trying to accomplish. Some guys are just blessed with the good old fashioned assometer and don't need any type of gizmo telling them 4 hi or 4 low or what gear to be in. Not just an old fart thing, young guys have it too. I would say if someone has to look at the dash after a half dozen drives in the car to know if you're in 4wd or not...... then maybe it's time to stick to video games. Hope that isn't to harsh, just got back from a dune trip and seen a lot of let's just say heavy inexperienced drivers. I would guess most Speed buyers don't fall under that but I've been wrong many times before.
Sorry, but....

Not to bash, but Nick isn’t the most experienced off-roader. Not sure he ever owned manual shift tcase truck before. They are rare nowadays.

And who you calling old? Lol. I might be the youngest here on the forum.
Nick may not be the most experienced guy on here but he is more experienced than a lot of the guys that bought one. The cars need to be operator friendly if he wants to sell more to turn this into a thriving business so he can /will be able to develop Spare part and keep the company alive to make sure we have support for years on our cars

Nick may not be the most experienced guy on here but he is more experienced than a lot of the guys that bought one. The cars need to be operator friendly if he wants to sell more to turn this into a thriving business so he can /will be able to develop Spare part and keep the company alive to make sure we have support for years on our cars
It's operator friendly depending on the operator. I am 100% on board with manual shift over any electronic shift system.

Im pretty sure that there is an icon indicator on the instrument panel showing when you are in 2WD , 4 WD and 4 WD Lock. Maybe someone on here that has a car can confirm. But I’m certain I saw it.

Edit: Just did a quick search and found this. You can see the icon in blue. IMG_9562.jpeg

Last edited:
You guys are really chomping at the details with what appears to be a side of frustration/irritation. The 2wd, 4wd, and 4wd locked indicator is on the main screen and on multiple ofthe screens.
Yeah, I think we got off on a tangent with whether or not there is a 4wd indicator on the dash. @Diablo2256 and @SpeedB13 reigned us back in and put us back on the right track with what the real issue was......Nick's dash indicating it was in 4wd but the car not being in 4wd. (Hopefully that is an accurate description of the issue.)

Back